On 19/01/13 23:29, anthonym wrote:
Sure thing.  Here is the code.  And after that is the box I get with the
radio buttons but no shapes.

It all runs fine for me. I'm not sure what you are expecting but it does exactly what I'd expect...

The shapes aren't there because you don't draw them. you have some functions that might draw shapes but you never call them. And the drawOval function gets overwritten twice, so only the last version actually exists. You need to call that function with the params or rename it something like drawTopLeftOval(). But frankly the generic version is better, just keep it to one and pass the values in.

     # Display a rectangle
     def displayRect(self):
         self.canvas.create_rectangle(10, 10, 100, 100, tages = "rect")

     # Display a Oval for the top light
     def displayOval(self):
         self.canvas.create_oval(10, 10, 10, 10)

     # Display an Oval for the middle light
     def displayOval(self):
         self.canvas.create_oval(20, 20, 20, 20)

     # Display an Oval for the bottom light
     def displayOval(self):
         self.canvas.create_oval(30, 30, 30, 30)

Only the last version is actually available in your program it overwrites the earlier versions.

--
Alan G
Author of the Learn to Program web site