On 01/23/2013 06:13 PM, Alan Gauld wrote:
On 23/01/13 03:08, Mitya Sirenef wrote:

To make the change you need, use list comprehension to make sums of all
rows, sort it (using list sort method); iterate over it using
enumerate() and print out "employee N, sum of hours:"

One problem with that approach is that the employees are identified by
their index in the original row so you probably need to maintain a note
of that index. So before sorting you might want to create a tuple
with the id and the values then sort on the second element. Only
slightly more complex...

Complex or not, the first question is whether the OP's class has covered sorting yet. And especially supplying key functions. I suspect not.

BTW, if I were building the tuples, I'd just let the key value be first, and the index be second. That way the default key function works great.

--
DaveA