Hello All,

I have the code below that I used to create a simple tic tac toe game for
class.  I am learning Python but have programmed in C+ before so I brought
over a lambda and found that it worked in Python.  Unfortunately I don't
think my classmates will understand the use of lambda here but I am having
are hard time converting that to strictly python.

Let me know if it can be done.

Thanks

from tkinter import *

def ttt(r,c):
    global player
    if player == 'X':
        b[r][c].configure(text = 'X')
        player = 'O'
    else:
        b[r][c].configure(text = 'O')
        player = 'X'

root = Tk()

b = [[0, 0, 0],
     [0, 0, 0],
     [0, 0, 0]]

for i in range(3):
    for j in range(3):
        b[i][j] = Button(font=('Aerial', 56), width=3, bg='yellow',
                         command = lambda r=i,c=j: ttt(r,c))
        b[i][j].grid(row = i, column = j)

player = 'X'

mainloop()