On 23/02/13 21:56, Matthew Johnson wrote:

I am trying to make a move from excel to python. My main need is
economic data -- to do economic analysis.

Any particular reason for moving to Python? I know this is a
Python list and we are all Python fans but, frankly, it sounds
like your needs might be better met with R.

There are Python bindings for R but, honestly, I think raw R
might suit what you want better. You can read Excel data into a data frame and then slice and dice it any which way you want.

The right tool for the job...

--
Alan G
Author of the Learn to Program web site