On 03/04/2013 07:28 PM, Pravya Reddy wrote:
Hi
   I am having a builtin intendation error for print Addem(3,2).Does it vary
for different versions of python?
  How to clear the error?

def Addem(this, that):
     return this + that
  print Addem(3, 2)

The print statement doesn't line up with the return statement, and it doesn't line up with the def statement. Those are the only two valid indentations. I expect you intended these lines to begin at the left margin, and the two spaces are going to be a problem.

This is true for every version of Python. However, there is one difference about indentation that I know of: starting in version 3, mixing tabs and spaces is an explicit error instead of just a really stupid idea.

  print Addem("book", "worm")
  print Addem(3.2, 1)
  try:
         print Addem("caution",1)
  except TypeError:
         print('typeerror raised for Addem("caution", 1))
  try:
         print Addem(14)
  except TypeError:
         print('typeerror raised for Addem(14)')
     print Addem
     print("Addems done.")
def PrintSum(this, that):
     print(this + that)
print(printsum('high', 'heel')
     def DoSomething(data):
         for index,datum in enumerate(data):
             print(datum,)
             if index % 3 == 2:
                 print
             print
         a_string = "earthshine"
         a_list = [1,2,3,4,5,6,7]
     DoSomething(a_string)
     DoSomething(a_list)

Next time, please include the actual error message, which was probably about 4 lines long. It would make things much easier.

--
DaveA