On 13/03/2013 00:05, Soliman, Yasmin wrote:
Hello all,

I'm new to python and its been a stuggle so far. I'm attempting to create a BMI
calculator in Wing 101 4.1. I keep getting syntax errors:

def calc_BMI(weight,height):
     return (weight/(height*height))*703.0
if bmi <=18.5:
     print 'underweight'
elif bmi >= 18.5 and bmi <=24.9:
         print 'normal weight'
elif bmi >=25 and bmi <=29.9:
             print 'overweight'
elif bmi >=30:
                 print 'obese'

Also, height should be converted to inches and I have not the slightest clue
how to so. Any help would be much appreciated.

If you're using Python 3 you'll get syntax errors as print is a function, not a statement as in Python 2. Is this your problem? If not please cut and paste the exact syntax error for us to see. Then we'll sort the rest of the problems :)

--
Cheers.

Mark Lawrence