Thank you for reading this.

I'm a bit out of my depth here. I'm attempting to set up a simple udp client.

The example that follows results in an error message and I'm wondering if I should be importing a different module. A Google search doesn't support that idea.

''
        udp socket client
        Silver Moon
'''

import socket   #for sockets
import sys      #for exit

# create dgram udp socket
try:
        s = socket.socket(socket.AF_INET, socket.SOCK_DGRAM)
except socket.error:
        print 'Failed to create socket'
        sys.exit()

host = 'localhost';
port = 8888;

while(1) :
        msg = raw_input('Enter message to send : ')

        try :
                #Set the whole string
                s.sendto(msg, (host, port))

                # receive data from client (data, addr)
                d = s.recvfrom(1024)
                reply = d[0]
                addr = d[1]

                print 'Server reply : ' + reply

        except socket.error, msg:
                print 'Error Code : ' + str(msg[0]) + ' Message ' + msg[1]
                sys.exit()

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "socket2.py", line 6, in <module>
    import socket       #for sockets
  File "/home/phil/Python/socket.py", line 7, in <module>
    s = socket.socket(socket.AF_INET, socket.SOCK_DGRAM)
AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'AF_INET'

--
Regards,
Phil