On 05/04/13 21:47, Mousumi Basu wrote:
I want to perform bind function for  socket programming between two
computers of ip addresses- 172.18.2.11 and 172.18.2.95 using the following
command(on the computer having IP address 172.18.2.95):

s=socket.socket(socket.AF_INIT,socket.SCK_DGRM))

I get THREE errors with that line:

* SyntaxError due to an extra closing parenthesis;

* after fixing that problem, I get an AttributeError:
  'module' object has no attribute 'AF_INIT'

* after guessing what you mean instead of AF_INIT, I get another AttributeError:
  'module' object has no attribute 'SCK_DGRM'

Could you show us the code you are actually using, and save us from having to
guess?

s.bind(('172.18.2.11',8032))

But error is occurring showing "bind not done"

Please copy and paste the complete traceback, starting with the line:

Traceback (most recent call last)

and going all the way to the end of the error message.

--
Steven