On Sun, 14 Apr 2013, Don Jennings wrote:

On Apr 14, 2013, at 7:06 AM, Albert-Jan Roskam wrote:

> Subject: Re: [Tutor] design question (Django?)

On 13/04/13 09:48, Albert-Jan Roskam wrote:

I think I have to make a diagram of this. This stuff is quite hard

Would it also be a good idea to simultaneously make a paper-and-pencil drawing
of the UI?

Absolutely! Test it with three users. See Jakob Nielsen's brief take on the
matter:

A recommendation - check out Balsamiq Mockups for UI design. If you plan to make this project open source they'll provide you a free license (with a bit of documentation, e.g. link to project on Bitbucket/Github/etc with a OSI approved license).

They also have a free web demo that's pretty powerful and just nags every 5 (or 15?) minutes. http://www.balsamiq.com/

I've not found a better tool for doing quick and rough UI mockps!

HTH,
Wayne