On 19/05/13 18:05, Peter Otten wrote:
Phil wrote:

My apatite having been whetted I'm now stymied because of a Ubuntu
dependency problem during the installation of urllib3. This is listed as
a bug. Has anyone overcome this problem?

Perhaps there's another library that I can use to download data from a
web page?

You mean you are using Python 3? The replacement for urllib2 in Python 3 is
urllib.request and a few others. There is a tool called 2to3 that can help
you with the transition.

Thank you once again Peter for a very helpful reply.

Under Ubuntu (I'm actually using Kubuntu) the packages are python-urllib3 (for python 2) and python3-urllib3. Unfortunately neither will install because of a dependency issue with libbz2-1.0. So I'll have to put this project on hold until the bug is resolved.

--
Regards,
Phil