> There are other ways a script might change the current directory.  For
> example, some naive scripts use os.chdir()
>
> But how is it you don't know what the current directory was when the
> code ran?   A simply pwd can tell you, if your prompt doesn't already
> reveal it.

hey i found the logfile.  just took a few minutes of looking round.  the
file is logged all out of order so i have some work to do on that
formatting issue.  if you have a sec can you take a look at my code please?

def update(self, field_values):

        #  logger code---------------
        #  first write the CURRENT date/time
                self.logfile.write('%s,'%(str(strftime("%Y-%m-%d %H:%M:%S",
gmtime()))))
                #  loop through each of the TextCtrl objects
                for k,v in self.fields.items():
            #  get the value of the current TextCtrl field
                        f = field_values.get(k, None)
                        if f:
                #output the value with trailing comma
                                self.logfile.write('%s,'%(str(f)))
                                self.logfile.write('\n')
                #end logger code ----------------

        #if the field 'duid' == 'hdu', then clear all the fields
                if field_values['duid'] == 'hdu':
                        self.clear()
                #loop through all TextCtrl fields storing the key/value pairs
in k, v
                for k,v in self.fields.items():
                        # get the pickle value for this text control
                        f = field_values.get(k, None)
                        # if the value is empty then set the new value
                        if f:
                                v.SetValue(f)

When i open the .csv file the fields are all out of order.  what i want
is have them all in one row beginning with the date/time.  and idea?
Thanks!