On 6/17/2013 10:26 AM, Jacobs, Teri (CDC/NIOSH/DSHEFS) (CTR) wrote:

Hi,

Hi - welcome to the tutor list. Be aware that we are a few volunteers.

Your question is one very long line. Please in future ensure it is wrapped so we don't have to scroll.

I have wrapped it here.

I have a command line
What is a "command line"?
to spread geoprocessing operations across multiple processes
to speed up performance. However, I do not
know how to import the command line (or at least import it properly)
in Python 2.7.2. Here's the script example given on ArcGIS 10.1 Help:
import arcpy

# Use half of the cores on the machine.

arcpy.env.parallelProcessingFactor = "50%"

I tried typing it

What is "it". You show 3 lines of code above. Do you mean all 3 lines?

into the command line

What is "the command line"? Do you mean Command Prompt or Python shell?

but nothing happened.

What did you expect?
Did you hit enter after each line?
Did the cursor move to the next line?
Did you get another prompt?
What did the prompt look like?

I think you get the idea - you need to tell us more, since we did not watch you try the above.

--
Bob Gailer
919-636-4239