On 06/29/2013 12:32 AM, Kirk Bailey wrote:
ok, some months back I wrote about the program I wrote to perform the
office of being a robot radio station in my windows desktop PC. well, I
got it done and posted the program FOR WINDOWS on this list, and shut up.

Then I got interested in the Raspberry Pi, which has adopted python as
it's language of preference. And I soon not to thinking that this little
wonder with a st of amplified speakers and a 16Gb SD card in an old
cabinet would be hell on small dogs as a old time radio recreation.

So now i am starting to meddle with what already works, and convert it
to Raspbian Linux for installation in a Raspberry Pi. there is a nice
command line program called mpg123 that plays mp3 files easy pasy, but
mayhaps someone knows of another way that is a touch simpler to invoke
from inside a python script? natch, I could do it from an sh script..
but that's not python, is it?

Anyone who wants to stick an oar in this water, wade in to the thread.

I've not used Raspberry Pi, but look into the following links.

http://pymedia.org/tut/
http://www.filetransit.com/freeware.php?name=Python_Library

--
DaveA