On 6 July 2013 16:06, Alan Gauld <alan.ga...@btinternet.com> wrote:
Probably better to take a chance and say Python versions above 2.7.

> Backward compatibility is pretty good in Python land.

Oddly, I was just looking at pyparsing, and it mentioned it's good for
Python 2.3 and above. But that left me thinking "Do they mean version 3 and
above?" since a lot is not ready for version 3. BTW, I understand the
basics of regexes, but had some problems and looked into pyparsing. Has
anyone used that and does it seem better than regexes, or easier on the
noggin?

Jim

"I asked God for a bike, but I know God doesn't work that way. So I stole a
bike and asked for forgiveness."  ~ Anonymous