Antonio de la Fuente wrote:

> * Dominik George <n...@naturalnet.de> [2013-08-05 12:45:42 +0200]:
    <snip>

>> > The error message is: ('EOF in multi-line statement', (379, 0))
>>
>> > --> 519     return
>> > self.search_ext_s(base,scope,filterstr,attrlist,attrsonly,None,None,timeout)
>>
>> This is why I say "never use ipython". The error message is complete
>> non-sense.
>>

> I will also try with IDLE.

Consider using the shell window and just running python.  it seems like
every IDE or pseudo-IDE tries to be helpful, and frequently misses the
mark.  The terminal will show you the unmodified traceback,

I'm not saying never use an IDE.  A good one is very useful for certain
things.

But when it interferes with the job, run without it.

--
DaveA