On 08/08/13 21:24, SM wrote:

example, I ended up doing exactly what you suggested. I am sure I am
missing something, as it is giving the same error:
Here is what I am doing based on your suggestion:

class bcThread(threading.Thread):
     def h(self, y):
         y.setStdoutToTextEditWindowFw()   #(line 1277)

          [snip]
          x = Ui_MainWindow()
          self.h(x)    # (line 1319)

So far so good.

class Ui_MainWindow(object)
     def setupUi(self, MainWindow):
         [snip]

         self.textEdit_fwcmdlineoutput = QtGui.QTextEdit(self.tab_fw)

This only comes into existence after setupUi is called.
Normally that would be in the UI init() method but you don;t
show any init or any other call to setupUi

self.textEdit_fwcmdlineoutput.setObjectName(_fromUtf8("textEdit_fwcmdlineoutput"))

     def setStdoutToTextEditWindowFw(self):
         self.textEdit_fwcmdlineoutput.setText( sys.stdout.getvalue() )

So this fails if setupUi has not been called earlier because the attribute has not been initialised yet.

     self.textEdit_fwcmdlineoutput.setText( sys.stdout.getvalue() )
AttributeError: 'Ui_MainWindow' object has no attribute
'textEdit_fwcmdlineoutput'

You need to ensure that the UI __init__() method calls self.setupUi()
I suspect.

--
Alan G
Author of the Learn to Program web site