On 27/8/2013 22:41, Robyn Perry wrote:

> part2 = (fragA[-7:-5] + '')
>
> But it asks me to use a string, not a blank space. part2 needs begin with
> 'da' so I can produce 'Udacity' in Test Case 2, but needs to somehow end
> with a null kind of value so I can produce 'Ucity' in Test Case 3. See
> below for the complete assignment, in comments, for more clarity in what's
> going on:

It's been so long since I've seen such a nonsensical assignment.
However, I can point out a few things that might clarify it for you, as
you've presumably seen the entire assignment.

If you're trying to produce destination from part1, part2, and part3, I
don't know why you don't just use
   part1 + part3

If you're required somehow to use all three variables, then you can just
use
   part1 + part2[0:0] + part3

There's no need to have a "null value" within part2.

--
DaveA