> From: Kimberly Mansfield <kimberly.mansfi...@g.austincc.edu>

> This is the first homework assignment. Driving me crazy - struggling
> with it for two entire days. I want to drop this class now.

Does the Python interpreter run with even a simple program such as
print('hello') ?

If it doesn't run that, it may be a windows or installation problem,
so try running the program from a different computer that has python
installed.

Also, copy and post the exact Error Message here, rather than
describing it. You should get a little bit more than "Syntax Error" -
like this:

>>> prent('hello')
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>