> > Also as I have mentioned I cant afford to run my code using 4-5 times
> memory.
> > Total resource available in my server is about 180 GB memory (approx 64
> GB RAM + 128GB swap).
>
> OK, There is a huge difference between having 100G of RAM and having
> 64G+128G swap.
> swap is basically disk so if you are reading your data into memory and
> that memory is
> bouncing in and out of swap things will slow down by an order of
> magnitude.
> You need to try to optimise to use real RAM and minimise use of swap.

I concur with Alan, and want to state his point more forcefully.  If you
are hitting swap, you are computationally DOOMED and must do something
different.

You _must_ avoid swap at all costs here.  You may not understand the point,
so a little more explanation: touching swap is several orders of magnitude
more expensive than anything else you are doing in your program.

    CPU operations are on the order of nanoseconds. (10^-9)

    Disk operations are on the order of milliseconds.  (10^-3)