Hi,

So I'm learning how to define my own functions, and in an exercise I was
given, I get this error:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "X:/X/xxx/Xxxxx/function_practice.py", line 36, in <module>
    main ()
  File "X:/X/xxx/Xxxxx/function_practice.py/function_practice.py", line 34,
in main
    generatePersonID ()
TypeError: generatePersonID() takes exactly 1 argument (0 given)

Here is the code:

def getUserInput():
    """
    Get input from the user, i.e fullname, grossSalary, costs.
    Returns: fullName, grossSalary, costs
    """

    grossSalary =None ;
    costs =None
    fullName=""

    while not fullName:

        fullName = raw_input ("First and Last Names: ")

    while not grossSalary:
        #TODO
        grossSalary = int (raw_input ("Annual Gross Salary: "))

    while not costs:
                #TODO
        costs = int(raw_input ("Yearly costs: "))

    return fullName, grossSalary, costs

def generatePersonID (fullName):
    """generates unique ID"""
    global id
    id = (fullName) + 1
    personID = str (id) + fullName
    return personID

def main ():
    getUserInput ()
    generatePersonID ()

main ()

raw_input ("Press the enter key to exit.")

Regards,
Tab