On Sun, Jan 5, 2014 at 2:52 AM, Mark Lawrence <breamore...@yahoo.co.uk>wrote:

> Homework for you :)  Write a line of code that creates a list of say 3 or
> 4 integers, then write a line that creates a tuple with the same integers.
>  Use the dis module to compare the byte code that the two lines of code
> produce.  The difference is interesting.

Well... that was a very interesting assignment, though I'm going to have to
chew on it for a while to understand. I can see that the processing code
for a tuple is considerably shorter... it is processed in a gulp instead of
bite by byte... it doesn't have the "Build List" step at all (what goes on
inside of THAT?)... but I can't claim to really understand what I'm looking
at.

I notice, for example, if I include only constants (immutable types) in my
tuple, then it does that gulp thing. If I include a list in there too, all
hell breaks loose, and suddenly I'm Building Tuples (what goes on inside of
THAT?). A tuple of tuples still goes down in a single swallow, of course.

Sadly, you can see how my mind works here... hey, this was FUN! You can
assign me homework any time, teach!

--
Keith