On 10/01/2014 00:11, Amy Davidson wrote:
Hi,

I am a university student who is struggling with writing functions in Python.
I’ve been attempting to write a function in Python for over 2 hours with no
progress. The function must be called, printID and take a name and student
number as parameter and prints them to the screen.

This is my closest guess:

def print_ID(“Amy Davidson”, 111111111)

The def line should finish with a colon. How do you expect to call this function for "Mark Lawrence", 1? Research something like:- python functions parameters arguments.

Student = “Amy Davidson”
StudentN = 111111111
print (“StudentName:”, Student)
print (“StudentNumber:”, StudentN)

All four of your lines above should be indented, or have they been lost by your email client? You simply assign to Student and StudentN which you then print. Look closely at this, look back to my earlier comment, add them and hopefully the answer is 4 :) Incidentally you'd usually spell them student and studentN.

If you could help correct my work and explain, that would be great!

Thanks,

Amy Davidson

--
My fellow Pythonistas, ask not what our language can do for you, ask what you can do for our language.

Mark Lawrence