Tim.

I came across your code while searching for a similar need.  Your post was
the best I could find on the subject.  Perhaps more importantly, you showed
me that going down the ctypes rabbit hole can be less intimidating than I
assumed.  Thanks!

My use case was a little different than the original poster's.  I need to
retrieve the network paths for all of the mapped drives that are currently
connected.  I chose a different implementation, that seems to work well.  I
would appreciate any comments you have on this approach.

BTW, Thank you for the information on your website.  Your information and
pointers to GetDriveType() and GetVolumeInformation() helped me a a lot.

Dan

-------------------
import subprocess

def available_network_drives():
    net_drives = dict()
    for line in subprocess.check_output(['net', 'use']).splitlines():
        if line.startswith('OK'):
            fields = line.split()
            net_drives[fields[1]] = fields[2]   # [1] == key, [2] ==
net_path
    return net_drives

print available_network_drives()