On 03/11/2014 04:32 AM, Scott W Dunning wrote:

On Mar 8, 2014, at 11:50 AM, Scott dunning <swdunn...@cox.net> wrote:

And now that you have the right set of tests you can
half the number of lines by combining your if
conditions again, like you had in the original
post. ie. Bring your hot/cold/warm tests together.
I’m having a hard time doing that because the guess can be either too low or
too high but it is always either cold, warm, or on fire.  I can’t figure out
how to make it work with out splitting the cold, warm and on fire under two
branches, one too low and one too high.  Any suggestions?

Well, what is the meaning of "absolute value"? Cold, warm, or on fire depend on the distance between both numbers, secret and guess, right?