On 31/03/2014 03:13, Scott Dunning wrote:

On Mar 30, 2014, at 4:29 AM, Dave Angel <da...@davea.name> wrote:

You're getting closer.   Remember that the assignment shows your
function being called with 10, not zero.  So you should have a
separate local variable,  probably called I, which starts at
zero, and gets incremented each time.

The test in the while should be comparing them.

So, this is what I have now and it ‘works’ but, instead of printing (s) on
seperate lines they’re all on the same line?

def print_n(s,n):
     while n < 10:
         print s * n
         break
     assert isinstance(s, str)
     assert isinstance(n, int)

They say that the truth hurts, so if that's the best you can come up with, I suggest you give up programming :(

--
My fellow Pythonistas, ask not what our language can do for you, ask what you can do for our language.

Mark Lawrence

---
is active.