I'm a Python beginner trying write a program that reads outside txt files,
takes the data like the name and test grades of students then calculate the
average and also assigns a grade and writes the data into a new txt file.
I'm having difficulties writing the program so far I've been able to write
up half of the program but I am noticing there might be bugs. I've tried
running the program but every time I do, my program output is blank and
there is no error messages
here is the program

def calcaverage(test1,test2,test3):
    for count in range(line):
        curraverage=0
        curraverage=((test1[count]+ test2[count]+ test3[count])/3)
        currentaverage.append(curraverage)
        if curraverage>= 90:
            grade= "A"
            lettergrades.append(grade)
        else:
            if curraverage >= 80 and curraverage < 90:
                grade= "B"
                lettergrades.append(grade)
            else:
                if curraverage >= 70 and curraverage < 80:
                    grade= "C"
                    lettergrades.append(grade)
                else:
                    if curraverage < 70:
                        grade= "F"
                        lettergrades.append(grade)
name=[]
test1=[]
test2=[]
test3=[]
averagescore=[]
lettergrades=[]
with open ('/period1.txt', 'r') as infile:
    line = infile.readline()
    while line in infile:
        values = line.split()
        name.append(values[0] + ','+ values[1])
        while line in infile:
            values = line.split()
 score1=float(value[2])
            test1.append(score1)
            while line in infile:
                values = line.split()
  score2=float(value[3])
                test2.append(score2)
                while line in infile:
                    values = line.split()
             score3=float(value[4])
                    test3.append(score3)
averagescore=calcaverage(test1,test2,test3)
infile.close()
print(line)