On 2014-05-25 09:20, R. Alan Monroe wrote:
can you
guys help explain. super thanks

A class is like a blueprint.
An instance of that class is like a house built from that blueprint.

Think about it. An infinite number of houses could be constructed
using those blueprints. But the architect only had to draw them once.

__init__() is like the "foundation" of each house that is built. In
otherwords, the stuff you do first when construction commences.

Alan

I very much like this analogy but might I suggest a slight modification?
__init__() builds the house, and possibly provides minimum furnishings[1] (with parameters passed to init;) then your code (usually using the associated methods) flushes out the furnishings[1] (and makes use of them) as the needs of your program demand.
[1] 'furnishings' in this analogy are DATA
Does this fit?  Comments welcome.
Respectively submitted,
ak