Hello I am a student trying to figure out this program. Here is my objective
and program below. What am I doing wrong? I can't get this to work.

Calculate the average pints of
blood donated during a blood drive.  The
program should take in the number of pints donated during the drive, based on a
seven hour drive period.  The average
pints donated during that period should be calculated and written to a
file.  Write a loop around the program to
run multiple times.  The data should be
appended to the file to keep track of multiple days.  If the user wants to
print data from the
file, read it in and then display it.
Store the pints per hour and the average pints donated in a file called
blood.txt.

 #the
main function

def
main():

  endProgram = 'no'

  print

  while endProgram == 'no':

    option = 0

    print

    print 'Enter 1 to enter in new data and
store to file'

    print 'Enter 2 to display data from the
file'

    option = input('Enter now ->')

    print

    # declare variables

    pints = [0] * 7

    totalPints = 0

    averagePints = 0

    if option == 1:

      # function calls

      pints = getPints(pints)

      totalPints = getTotal(pints, totalPints)

      averagePints = getAverage(totalPints,
averagePints)

    else:

    endProgram = raw_input('Do you want to end
program? (Enter no or yes): ')

    while not (endProgram == 'yes' or
endProgram == 'no'):

      print 'Please enter a yes or no'

      endProgram = raw_input('Do you want to
end program? (Enter no or yes): ')

 #the
getPints function

def
getPints(pints):

  counter = 0

  while counter < 7:

      pints[counter] = input('Enter pints
collected: ')

      counter = counter + 1

  return pints

#the
getTotal function

def
getTotal(pints, totalPints):

  counter = 0

  while counter < 7:

    totalPints = totalPints + pints[counter]

    counter = counter + 1

  return totalPints

 #the
getAverage function