On Thu, Jun 12, 2014 at 1:27 AM, Alex Kleider <aklei...@sonic.net> wrote:
> On 2014-06-11 20:08, Dave Angel wrote:
>
>> I learned programming in 1967 with Fortran,  and McCracken spent a
>> chapter warning about that same thing. Probably everything he
>> warned about still applies to Python and modern computers.
>
> A google search for "McCracken" did not yield anyone that seems to fit the
> person you reference. Can you clarify, please?

1961 A Guide to Fortran Programming
openlibrary.org/works/OL4628575W

1964 Numerical Methods and Fortran Programming
openlibrary.org/books/OL5914708M

1965 A Guide to Fortran IV Programming
openlibrary.org/books/OL5953402M

1967 Fortran with Engineering Applications
openlibrary.org/books/OL5539818M

snippets:
books.google.com/books?id=qQY_AAAAIAAJ&dq=editions:STANFORD36105002062847

1974 A Simplified Guide to Fortran Programming
openlibrary.org/works/OL4628579W

1972 Numerical Methods with Fortran IV Case Studies
openlibrary.org/books/OL4559608M

1984 Computing for Engineers and Scientists with Fortran 77
openlibrary.org/books/OL3180840M