My code is as follows...

count = 0
while count < 3:
  count += 1
   subprocess.Popen('command')
if count == 3:
  sys.exit()

'command' is any command. For testing, I have been using the command 'xterm'
just so I can see it opening. As far as error and pertaining to the above code,
if I close the xterm window, have it open back up until the counter reaches the
specified number.

I am basically trying to recreate in python a shell script I use. The current
shell script runs a real long avconv/ bmdplay command and if the command stops
running, the script will try and rerun it until count equals n number. Again, I
am only using xterm temporarily while I try to get the logic correct. Once
correct, I can change the command and still have the same outcome...I think.

I am not using a function.