On 09/09/2014 15:44, Peter Otten wrote:
Sydney Shall wrote:

On 08/09/2014 18:39, Alan Gauld wrote:
On 08/09/14 15:17, Juan Christian wrote:

One tiny tweak...

class User():
You don't need the parens after User. You don;t have any superclasses
so they do nothing. Python convention for an empty parent list is just
to leave the parens off:

class User:

A simple question from a newbie, in response to this surprise.
Is it not helpful to always put (object) as the parent, if the class is
not itself a sub-class?
The answer differs between Python 2 and 3. In Python 3

class C: # preferred in Python 3
     pass

and

class C(object):
     pass

are the same, so there is no point adding the explicit object inheritance.

In Python 2 however

class C:
     pass

will create a "classic class" whereas

class C(object): # preferred in Python 2
     pass

is a "newstyle class". The most notable difference between these is that
properties work correctly only with newstyle classes. Therefore making all
your classes "newstyle" is a good idea.

And while I am writing, what does OP stand for in this list?
Original Poster, as Leam says.

Thanks Peter, most helpful.
I was taught with Python 2.7, so  now I understand the advice.

--
Sydney Shall