Forwarded to list for info.

Please use ReplyAll in responses to the tutor list.
And please do not quote the entire digest,
delete any irrelevant parts.

On 03/01/15 16:00, pramod gowda wrote:
Hello ,

I have chaged the code as per your input, except port number.
If i change the port number it give me error as

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Users\Pramod\Desktop\client.py", line 7, in <module>
client_socket.connect((server_address,server_port))
ConnectionRefusedError: [WinError 10061] No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it

Interesting. I assumed you changed it at both ends?
Does the server have a firewall running on it?
If so you may need to open the port.
Server code:

import socket

server_socket=socket.socket()
server_name='192.168.2.2'
server_port= 80
server_socket.bind((server_name,server_port))
server_socket.listen(5)

while True:
    print("hello")
    c,address=server_socket.accept()
    print("acception the connection")
    print("we got connection from:",address)
    c.send("hello,hw ru")
    c.close()

Client Code:

import socket

client_socket=socket.socket()
server_address='192.168.2.2'
server_port= 80
print("port number entered")
client_socket.connect((server_address,server_port))
print("it is connected")
data=client_socket.recv(1024)
print("received:",data)
client_socket.close()
print('finished')

port number entered
it is connected
received: *b''*
finished

Looks like you are receiving a bytestring in Python 3
(which is what I'd  expect) so you may need to decode()
it to get a text string

In the above output expected data is 'hello,hw ru' from the server and
 print("acception the connection")
  print("we got connection from:",address)

the above print statements are not executed.

Really? You don't see the server output? That suggests your client
is not connecting. Can you connect via telnet?

I just tried your server code and get a typeError exception.
You need to send a bytestring like so:

c.send(b"Hello, hw ru")

You can then test your server using telnet with

telnet <host> <port>

--
Alan G
Author of the Learn to Program web site