Forwarding to tutor, please use Reply All when responding to tutor emails.

On 19/02/15 11:17, Tihomir Zjajic wrote:
formular doznake.txt
red_broj = 1
vrs_drv = 21
prs_prec = 20
teh_kl = 2
red_broj = 2
vrs_drv = 21
prs_prec = 40
teh_kl = 3

I assume red_broj indicates the start of a new record?
So you can read three lines from the file after you
find a red_broj entry?

Something like this? (untested)

kl_numbers = []
with open('doznake.txt') as doznake
    for line in doznake:
       if line.startswith('red_broj')
          num = makeNumber(next(doznake),next(doznake),next(doznake))
          kl_numbers.append(num)

def makeNumber(l1,l2,l3):
    nums = []
    for line in (s1,s2,s3):
        nums.append(line.rstrip().split()[-1])
    return ''.join(nums)
> def makeNumber(l1, l2, l3):
>    nums = []
>    for lines in (s1, s2, s3):
>        nums.append(line.rstrip().split() [-1])
>    return ".join(nums) "
>
> kl_number = []
> open("formular_doznake.txt")

You need to either assign the open result to a variable or use
the 'with' style (as in my example above).

> for line in "formular_doznake.txt":
>      line startswith("red_broj")

startswith is a method of string so you need a dot between line and startswith

> num = makeNumber(next("formular_doznake"), next("formular_doznake"), next("formular_doznake"))

next takes an iterator as an argument not a file name. This needs to
be the alias from the with statement or the variable you assign if using open.
example:

>>> myfile = open("formular_doznake.txt")
>>> print(next(myfile))

>    kl_number.append(num)
>
> lpthw> python answer2.py formular_doznake.txt
>   File "answer2.py" line 13
> kl_number.append(num)
> SyntaxError: invalid sintax

You should copy and paste the code and errors not re-type them.
its easier and more reliable.

BTW If using the open styule above you should close the file
at the end:

myfile.close()

One of the advantages of the with... style is that it auto-closes
the file for you.

--
Alan G
Author of the Learn to Program web site