I have some data structured like this:

{'B002':'NRP 2014','B003':'HBB 2015'}

Basically account numbers and project names, each account number has a project name. I represent it in a dictionary because that seemed the best way to keep the account numbers and project names together. I want to save that information to a file, CSV seemed the easiest format (though I am open to suggestions if there is a better way!). I expected I could write a function that would create a CSV file that looks like this:

B002,NRP 2014
B003,HBB 2015

I thought the DictWriter method of the CSV module should do the trick so wrote this:

def write_fqas(fqa_csv,fqa_dict):
    with open('fqa_csv','w') as csvfile:
        writer = csv.DictWriter(csvfile,fieldnames=['FQA','Description']
        writer.writerows(fqa_dict)

This didn't yield the results I was looking for, instead it raises

ValueError: dict contains fields not in fieldnames: 'B', '0', '0', '2'

It seems to be parsing through the key of the first item in the dictionary rather than simply saving it to the CSV file as the first field on a line (like I expected). Obviously there is something about how csv.DictWriter works that I don't understand.

Any assistance is appreciated.

thomas