On 01/06/2015 15:37, boB Stepp wrote:
On Mon, Jun 1, 2015 at 9:33 AM, David Palao <dpalao.pyt...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hello,
Not sure if I got it, but, in my opinion functions should do only one
thing.So if function 2 finds an error, it should raise it. There
should be another function  (function 1 in your case?) taking care of
possible raised errors.

I guess my question was not clearly worded. The idea is that function
1 calls another function. Function 1 checks for possible errors that
are relevant. Some or all of these checks are also relevant to the
called function. Should the called function also include these
relevant error checks?

boB

No, the end result would be horrendous code bloat if that was applied across the board. Function 2 should do the checking and raise an error if there's a problem. Function 1 can catch that and proceed or not as it sees fit, as can any other piece of code calling function 2. It's the DRY principle, see http://c2.com/cgi/wiki?DontRepeatYourself

what you can do for our language.

Mark Lawrence