I have never written programs to interact with a db.  I have never written an
OO program.  So this is getting interesting rather quickly!

As I continue to ponder my project design, I see many of the classes I wish to
create map naturally to db tables.  For instance the class Student can
potentially have many data attributes, which fit naturally into its own db
table.

My current thoughts are that I have two main ways of approaching this:

1)  Create my various objects normally, but have their data attributes fetched
through some sort of db manager class I would design.

2)  Use an ORM (Object-Relational Manager) such as SQLAlchemy to manage
interactions between my objects and the SQLite db.

Both routes will be quite educational for me.  Option (2), if I am
understanding things correctly, would be more likely to make it relatively easy
to change from SQLite to a more sophisticated server-based db in the future
incarnations of this project.

Thoughts?

--
boB