Hello,
I am trying to get IP addresses for about 500 public domains but I think for
some where resolution is not available - my exception handling breaks the code.
To troubleshoot, I added several Print statements to see what I was getting and
it looks like my blank list is getting populated with domain names just fine
and it starts to resolve addresses but less than half way though it errors out
with the following message:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File
"C:/Users/Documents/Python/MyProject/HostnameResolution/HostnameResolution.py",
line 15, in <module>
    ResolveHostname = socket.gethostbyname(name)
socket.gaierror: [Errno 11004] getaddrinfo failed
Here is the Code:

import socket

ListOfHostNames = []

with open('hostnames.csv', 'r') as f:
    for line in f:
        line = line.strip()
        ListOfHostNames.append(line)

newFile = open('hostnames.csv', 'w')
print(ListOfHostNames)

for name in ListOfHostNames:
    try:
        ResolveHostname = socket.gethostbyname(name)
        print(ResolveHostname)
        newFile.write(ResolveHostname + "\n")
        print(ResolveHostname)
    except socket.herror as e:
        newFile.write("No resolution available for %s" % (name) + "\n")
newFile.close()

Please advice. Thanks! Thank you.