Hi Alan,

I have given a wrong example of 16 . I am sorry for it. You are correct it
will take only 4 turns.

If i consider your solution for number 10

it will go like this 10-->10/2 =5 --> 5-1=4--> 4/2 =2-->2/2 =1 which gives
4 as output but answer would be  in 3 steps 10-->10-1=9-->9/3=3-->3/3=1

So we must consider every path /3, /2 and -1 and try to find out shortest
one which i tested with my logic it works because I have put multiple
recursive calls to span multiple branches. I am certain with my logic as it
passes most of test cases. Due to multiple branches it takes more time for
large numbers but returns correct result.

I have used global variable called depth but was wondering if we can have
something being passed as function parametedata structurr which could have
been shared across all invocations. I know list and sets can be used do we
have any other data structure in python which would be mutable and not a
sequence?

Thanks and appreciate your generous help,
Anshu