On 12Oct2015 21:21, Crusier <crus...@gmail.com> wrote:
I am using Python 3.4. I am trying to do some web scraping at this moment.
I got stuck because there is an IndexError: list index out of range if I
put stock_code = (18). My desire output is that the script is able to
detect print out the recent price whether it is up, down or unchanged.

Just a remark: you write:

 var = (value)

a lot. It's ok, but needless and also slightly prone to turning into a tuple if there's a stray comma. Anyway...

It would be helpful to have the exact error message. You say "there is an IndexError: list index out of range", but that can occur in several places in your code. Normally Python will print a stack trace indicating the specific place in your code where the exception occurred.

Please always include the complete error message when asking for help.

[...]
       print('Now is trading at UP', item.select('.up2')[0].text)

Everywhere you have [0] you may get an IndexError if the select returns an empty list, because there will be no element 0.

   elif item.select('.down2') == item.select('.down2'):

I'm curious: how can this test ever be false?

Cheers,
Cameron Simpson <c...@zip.com.au>