On Fri, Jan 15, 2016 at 05:07:58PM +0000, Chad Perry wrote:

> I need to know how to substitute for the drive letter for the following
> drives.
>
> sad-sdp
> also will need to wipe data from /dev/md1
>
> I believe that the script is sound just sub's

I don't understand your question. Substitute what for the drive
letter? Can you explain what you want more carefully?

If I understand your script correctly, the user types in the drive they
want wiped. So if the user types "/dev/md1", that's the drive that will
be wiped. If they type "/dev/sdc", /dev/sdc will be wiped.

(How do you stop the user from wiping the drive that contains your
script? And the drive containing the root partition?)

--
Steve