One other thing I meant to ask about:

On Sun, May 29, 2016 at 9:10 AM, Alan Gauld via Tutor <tutor@python.org> wrote:

> The model responds, but how the view is notified varies. In some cases
> the views register with models and the model automatically sends
> notification messages to all registered views (by-passing the
> controller). In other cases the model si8mply sends a reply to the
> controller that invoked it and the controller decides which views should
> be updated.

This "views register with models" and "registered views" terminology
is unfamiliar to me.  Googling suggests registered views is referring
to a dynamically generated presentation, perhaps in the sense of a db
view.  I suspect I have an idea of what is being meant here, but
instead of potentially guessing, would you care to elaborate?

Thanks!

boB