On 21/07/16 12:50, la Y wrote:
> need help with socket / fuzzer

UI've no idea what fuzzer means but...

> not sure the while loop condition is wrong

> def fuzzer():
>     #fuzzer
>     #user attack coordinates and junk
>     currentEta = datetime.datetime.now()
>     targetIP = raw_input("hello what is the target IP destinaition address: ")
>     socketPort = int(raw_input("what port number : "))
>
>     while ( socketPort < 4 ) and (socketPort <= 65535):
>         socketPort = int(socketPort)

This makes no sense at all.

The socketPort is already an int because you make it so
on the raw_input line.

If it is <4 it will also be less than 65535 so the "and"
test is superfluous.

And if it is <4 the while loop will run forever because
you never change the value of socketPort.

if
x = int(n)
then
int(x) == x

is always true

I've no idea what the loop is intended to do so I can't
comment on whether you need to just delete it or whether
you need to modify it somehow.

--
Alan G
Author of the Learn to Program web site