It has been suggested to me that I should use a virtual environment and venv would be a good choice. I've read through PEP405 and this link [1]. Though some of it seems a little confusing to me, I'm sure I can get it up and running. This question seems a little dumb and maybe I am being a little dense, but then what?

Your program/script is done how do you run it? Do you always have to activate your venv and run it from there? I like to run Tkinter programs from a launcher. Would that be possible and what would the command look like? Lately I have been writing some Libreoffice calc macros and evaluating pyspread for it's macro capability. Would modules installed in my venv be available to the spreadsheet programs?

Thanks,  Jim

[1] https://realpython.com/blog/python/python-virtual-environments-a-primer/