On 2017-02-11 00:36, eryk sun wrote:
On Sat, Feb 11, 2017 at 8:06 AM, Steven D'Aprano <st...@pearwood.info> wrote:
Valid digits for integers include 0 through 9 in decimal

Note that Python 3 uses the Unicode database to determine the decimal
value of characters, if any. It's not limited to the ASCII decimal
digits 0-9. For example:

    >>> s
    '௧꘢୩'
    >>> int(s)
    123
    >>> print(*(unicodedata.name(c) for c in s), sep='\n')
    TAMIL DIGIT ONE
    VAI DIGIT TWO
    ORIYA DIGIT THREE

???
alex@X301n3:~$ python3
Python 3.4.3 (default, Nov 17 2016, 01:11:57)
[GCC 4.8.4] on linux
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
NameError: name 's' is not defined

What your 's' represents seems quite different to 'mine.'
There must be something else going on.
???

Also of interest (at least to me) was the 'magic' you demonstrated in the print function parameter list; my efforts to figure it out:
word = "Hello"
print((c for c in word))
<generator object <genexpr> at 0xb71d125c>
print(*(c for c in word))
H e l l o
print(*(c for c in word), sep='')
Hello