On Sat, Feb 25, 2017 at 02:35:21AM -0800, ehsan faraz wrote:

> Hello, I am working on the following assignment where “tip” is an
> invalid syntax. Can someone please tell me how to fix this? Here is
> what it should look like:

Hello, and welcome!

Why don't you show us the actual error message you get? That will point
to the line with the problem, or at worst the next line. Otherwise we
have to GUESS where the problem is.

My guess is that the syntax error is this line:

> tip = int(input("Enter your tip percentage:")

Count the opening brackets ( and the closing brackets ). They don't
match:

  ( ( )

By the way, you had an earlier line of code:

> tip = tip

That line is useless. Take it out.

--
Steve