On 27/02/17 14:57, leam hall wrote:

>> I'm not aware of such a list, and I'm not sure it's of much value.
>> Better to just learn what you need and use it. ...

> When I was coming up as a Linux guy I took the old SAGE guidelines and
> studied each "level" in turn. It was useful for making me a well-rounded
> admin and helped me put off some higher end stuff I wasn't really ready
> for.

Its an individual choice, so if it works for you don't let
me stop you :-) But I still don't know of any such list.

> documentation. It's sort of the "if we hired a junior or senior coder, what
> basics would we want them to know?"

That's the thing. I've never, in 40 years in IT, seen
anyone advertise for a junior programmer. Just doesn't seem to
happen. It's a bit like having a headache and asking for a
weak pain killer...

There are places offered for programming apprenticeships,
but they assume you are starting from scratch.

--
Alan G
Author of the Learn to Program web site