Tianjiao Cui wrote:

> Hi, all. I have met a very annoying issue that i messed up with IDlL
> configuration. I changed "run" key in settings but i found it does not
> work and then i tried to reset it to default but i failed. Pls help me get
> rid of this problem because it has been bothering me for a while.
> Thanks.

If things are seriously messed up you can close idle, rename the
configuration directory ~/.idlerc (the ~ is the placeholder for your user
directory) and then start idle again. This should create a new ~/.idlerc
directory with all defaults restored.

If everything works to your satisfaction you can delete the renamed
directory.