On 15/04/17 09:33, Aero Maxx D wrote:

> With Python I'm not finding which modules I need

Search for the functionality within the python.org site.
The documentation tells you which module you are looking for.

> ...I thought I'd connect to a MySQL database

There is a standard DB interface in Python for SQL based data.
But there is a separate module for each database. The idea
being that you should theoretically be able to write the code
that uses the database and then change the database from, say,
MySql to Oracle by just changing the import.

In practice it's not quite that easy but you should be able
to do it with only minor tweaks - usually around the login process.

HTH

--
Alan G
Author of the Learn to Program web site