I use python image library and apparently when I do

im = Image.open('1.png')
im.show()

show() actually opens a empty console window that doesn't do anything and
as long as it's around the script hangs.
Currently I have to close it by clicking on the close button and it makes
my script useless.

so  i am trying find either a way to prevent that from poping up or to
close it automatically somehow

or to find another way to display the picture without using python image
library.