On Wed, Sep 13, 2017 at 11:33 PM, Mark Lawrence via Tutor
<tutor@python.org> wrote:

> SQLAlchemy isn't the only Python ORM of course.  There is a useful little
> article about ORMs and their availability here
> https://www.fullstackpython.com/object-relational-mappers-orms.html.  A more
> detailed comparison is given here
> http://pythoncentral.io/sqlalchemy-vs-orms/ which refers to storm, which is
> only mentioned in passing in the first link.  I've successfully used peewee,
> I can't really comment on the others.

Thanks for these links, Mark.  I had not come across Full Stack Python
previously.  It appears to be a goldmine of useful information!

I think I will put off doing ORM studies until I get into something
more substantial than I am currently working with.  Besides, after
reading the Joel Spolsky article on leaky data abstractions, it
appears to be a wise move to get proficient in SQL first before going
on to ORMs.

--
boB